Time series data processing software. The largest tool in the software package. It is designed, for example, for time series processing (discharge, groundwater level changes, temperature, precipitation, wind speed). The program contains more than 2,000 functions for time series analysis, editing, statistics and visualization. This unique software is the flagship of the HydroOffice project.
License: Commercial | Price: 399 €
Buy Now »
User Manual »
White Paper »
The program is generally designed to work with data sets of time series. Because of the wide
range of program’s capabilities, it can be used in many areas.
In fact, TS Editor can be used wherever you need to process the time series of measured values.
Due to the focus of HydroOffice software, its functionality is indispensable in the following areas:
- hydrology and hydro-biology
- geology, geo-technical engineering and geo-informatics
- environmental science and engineering
- water and land use management
- meteorology and climatology
TS Editor contains more than 2,000 functions for time series managing.
TS Editor is (in functionality) situated on
the border between spreadsheets, statistical tools, databases and visualization software.
The following text describes each group of commands. You can execute all features from
the ribbon toolbar, using the functional tree in the side panel, or with the very simple
and fast scripting language from the command line.
Time series properties
This group contains functions and commands to obtain information
about the nature and structure of the time series data sets. With these commands you
can get metadata, such as:
- the number of values in the time series
- the number of zero values or values in a defined range
- time ranges of selected time series
- length, character and the number of gaps in the series
- information on the uniformity and continuance of the time series
- characteristics of sections in the series with increasing, decreasing or constant value trends
Time series editing
The Edit group contains functions and commands for editing the series.
This group includes the most features. Using the commands in this group
you can perform the following operations:
- elect or delete data on the scope time range definition; using filters, user defined conditions, the nature of the values and other methods
- recalculate the values in a series using mathematical functions
- fill gaps using several methods
- transform the time series (for example; recalculate from hourly to daily minimum time series)
- shift values in the document on the timeline
- copy the temporal structure of series or values between documents
- combine and merge time series into a single document with variable and adjustable functions
- convert units
Special time series functions
The Functions group includes specific features that cannot be assigned to other categories.
Their use is widespread and they are particularly useful for:
- creation of single and double mass curves
- interpolation of values between two time series
- automatic merging of multiple documents into a single table document
- unification of the temporal structure of multiple time series according to the one selected
- statistical analysis and visualization of multiple time series in the profile (for example; time series depending on depth below the surface, or altitude)
Time series statistical processing
Statistical parameters for the selected
series can be calculated using these commands. The current version of the program allows you
to calculate the minimum, maximum, average, sum and count of values.
This information can be obtained for the entire time series, for individual
years, months, seasons and inter-annual periods.
In addition, the program allows you to create statistical reports which can be used directly in your reports or articles.
Time series visualizations
TS Editor allows you to create many types of charts for visualization.
You can visualize all types of series, and their individual settings and parameters can be
Many independent features have been created in the program for specific
visualization types. For example, these functions allow you to show various
graphs, such as range charts, summary charts, graphs of annual courses and
graphs of rainfall-runoff relationships. In addition to the
functions described above, the program allows you to create visualization
of sections of your time series which are mutually temporally synchronized.
The last group of commands lets you work with external programs, databases and file structures.
The current version of the program allows you to work with the Feflow program files.
This cooperation allows prepared time series to be exported from the program in a *.pow file (specific for this program).
In addition, your results from Feflow can be directly opened and used in TS Editor.
In this section you can also work with CSV files with variable character. CSV files are frequently used by external programs and data-loggers.